1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

07 1 ton tranny problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by grnstripes, Dec 15, 2008.

1. grnstripes

grnstripes Senior Member

I have a 2007 1 ton dump with 6.0 and Gm trans.
    plowing the other day we lost reverse with only 23,000 miles on the truck :yow!::realmad:
    it is at the dealer now ( for 3 days ) the said whene we dropped it off the had a suburban with 17,000 miles leave the day before with the same problem and have had sevral in the past few months all ranging from 15000 to 25000 miles doing the same
    any ideas what this might be and how long I can expect this truck down
    the chevy colbalt is not a great plow rig
    I have another truck but it makes for long days doing two routes with 1 truck

2. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

My 06 2500HD 6.0L went in 2 months ago with 9,000 miles on it the trans was slipping when going from R to D had to give it a lot of gas to get it moving even worse when plowing and towing. They reprogrammed the computer but it is still the same and needs to go back again. Hopefully its a quick fix for yours. Always nice when you give them a $40,000 money maker and get a little girl car.

3. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

Lost my trans at about 28,000 miles towing a car trailer through Denver. 3 days at a dealership west of Denver and I was on the road again. TGM paid for all my lodging and food for 4 people for the 3 days I was stranded.

4. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

No wonder they need a BAIL out.. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Excuse me BRIDGE loan.. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

i always thought gm made a top notch trans:confused: