1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06 vs 07 MVP

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by phishoook, Nov 17, 2007.

1. phishoook

phishoook Member

What are the differences in last years western steel V and this years?

How can you tell if the controller is an updated one or a new one?

and last..... On a 1-10 scale, How complex is it to install a MVP? (have a full shop with lift)

2. slongfellowii

slongfellowii Senior Member

06 should be a one piece steel moldboard MVP. 07 Should be a framework with a removable steel skin MVP Plus. Updated controller will have dedicated buttons for scoop, vee, and each wing.

3. phishoook

phishoook Member

Could I put a new controller on last years blade?

4. slongfellowii

Yes, but there are two types of new controllers. One plug is round, that works with the older harnesses. Brand new plow setups have new "brains". That controller only has a four pin plug. Make sure you know what you are getting if you are going through ebay or used.

5. phishoook

phishoook Member

ok, So on the 06 I won't be able to controll each wing independantly. (like the web site shows)

6. slongfellowii

Yes you can. That controller is avaiable with either plug end.

7. phishoook

phishoook Member

ok thanks. Ever install one

8. slongfellowii

You can check out specific mounting instructions online at their site to determine if you want to tackle the mount and wiring. Click on the sponsor link at the top of the page.

9. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I put mine on 2 weeks ago. If you have a shop and lift then you must have the knowledge to install one. Install for a GM is 8 bolts for the truck side. The plow comes in pieces but is easy to do. The wiring is almost all plug and play. You have to splice 3 wires for signals and running lights.

On a scale of 1-10 I would say 5 tops if you have any mechanical knowledge.