1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06' ultra mount on a 01' truck?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ronJr, Dec 6, 2011.

1. ronJr

ronJr Junior Member

I have a 01' f-250 and found a ultra mount off a 06' ford for sale. I would like to mount this plow on my truck. Will the application work? if not can it be modified to fit? thanks everyone:mechanic:
  2. LaytonTruck

LaytonTruck Junior Member

The frame on the 06 will be different than the 01 I would think a good fab guy could modify anything to fit Also you will possibly need a new headlight adapter.
  3. bulhead19@aol.c

bulhead19@aol.c Junior Member

It wont. I actually just tried the same thing on my truck matching an 05 F350 plow to an 03 F350 truck which in turn had different frames. What you could do is, depending on the plow brand, is buy a conversion kit to fit the mounts to the frame. It shouldn't be too hard to find a conversion kit. Especially if its a Western. Just my .02 ... oh also the wiring harness will be the most important part! Make sure The harness is correct for that model truck and plow!
  4. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Well, there are a few unanswerd questions:

First off the mount is not the same. You would have to buy a new truckside mount;
    2006 has a 33259 mount you need a 67982 for your 01

As for the wiring harness:

If both trucks have 2B style headlight harnesses then it should work.
    2006 and 2001 w/ 2B have headlight harness #8439 - 4port iso
    2006 and 2001 w/ 2B have headlight harness #29051 - 3 port iso

But in 01 there was an option on a HB5 headlight and in 2006 there was an option of a H13 bulb. If either truck has either one of these options, then you will need a different headlight harness to plug into the iso modudle.
  5. welder1122

welder1122 Senior Member

anything is possible with enough money my friend, just it all depends on if u want to spend the money or not
  6. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Yes with some work it will I put a 09 MVP plow on a 99 F350
  7. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

I should clairfy my post a little.

The plow is never the problem. Any ultramount plow can attach to just about any truck. Every plow out there is built the same. Some have a little bit different wiring on them if they are an older 2 plug ultramount or an newer 3 plug. But as for the frame working of the plow... they are all identical.

You will have to put some money into the correct truckside mount and truckside lighting harness and you can commonly recover some of this this by selling these things in the for sale section of Plowsite. I have found guys on here looking for mounts and wiring harnesses that I need and I happen to have what they need so we just do a little trading.