1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'06 Tacoma Tires for Plowing

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Seldomseen, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Seldomseen

Seldomseen Junior Member

I'm brand new here. Just bought a Snow Way plow for my '06 Toyota Tacoma TRD to plow my small parking lot at my small factory:help:. Tired of paying others. I have some pretty worn Toyo tires:cry: on my truck and was wondering about snow/plowing tires:confused:.

1) What's a good tire for plowing or 2) does the Tire choice make a difference? 3) what about Chains?

I'm in CT. Could snow a lot, could not snow.

ANY help is welcome via this thread or email

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Snow tires are excellent for plowing snow. Take them off in the spring, though.

3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Like 2COR517 said, snow tires work really good. But, if you want an all season tire, Goodyear Wrangler Dura Tracs are good in the snow. Adding weight to the back body will help a lot to.

4. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

DuraTracs are snow tires.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireModel=Wrangler+DuraTrac&tireMake=Goodyear
    They seem like really good tires and I'd love a set for my truck. I would have no qualms about driving on them all year.