1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06 Silverado 1500 Plow?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Stars & Stripes Landscaping, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Stars & Stripes Landscaping

Stars & Stripes Landscaping Junior Member

Looking to get a suggestion on putting a plow on my 2006 Silverado 1500 LT, Boss Plow Site doesn't show anything for a Regular Cab Short Bed w/ 4wd...

2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Almost anything up to about 750 pounds will go on there with proper ballast if you have the 3925 front axle.

3. trevier

trevier Senior Member

I have an 06 classic model, boss 7.5 super trip edge on mine, no problem at all.

4. Stars & Stripes Landscaping

How can I figure out what front axle I have? I have a 1500 Regular Cab LT model. It's the 4.8L Vortec V8.

What type of price tag did that run you?

5. trevier

trevier Senior Member

I bought it new in 06 I think, 3200 installed. I going to get some timbrens for my truck to help with the sag in the front end, I should have done this back in 06 when I got it.

6. Stars & Stripes Landscaping

What's it weigh? Boss site shows the trip edge plows over 700lbs.

7. trevier

trevier Senior Member

hmmm, good question, cutting edge adds a extra 100 pounds, no clue. I just unhooked if not I'd go to my local dump and weigh my truck with it and then without out. I do all residential stops and 3 commercial stops that are like driveways, no big parking lots at all, if I did I would have a 3/4 ton for sure. My next truck is going to be a 3/4 ton, due to the fact that I have a 16ft trailer that I tow for work.

8. trevier

trevier Senior Member

you have a regular cab short bed right? I would look at the fisher light duty plows in 7ft, especially if your doing just driveways.

9. Stars & Stripes Landscaping

Yes, short bed regular cab 4.6L automatic transmission - I don't think putting a 700+ lb plow on the front of a 1/2 ton truck. I dislike Fisher plows, I would prefer a Boss plow to be honest. I will most likely be putting the 7'6" Boss Standard-Duty on...

10. trevier

trevier Senior Member

your door sticker should be able to tell you what size your front axle is. If not the local dealer should be able to figure it out via your vin number. I ran a fisher for almost 12 years, no complaints.

11. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

What I'd do(actually what I did on a Tahoe((similar frame))) is put a 7'6'' HD Fisher on it and beat the piss out of it. Still running strong 9 years later. 3600 lb front axle on that one.

12. Stars & Stripes Landscaping

The problem is I hate chain systems, I hate chain slap.

13. jandjcarpentry

jandjcarpentry Senior Member
    from MA

7'6" Boss Sporty Duty. Great for driveways.

14. kg26

kg26 Senior Member

Where do you get timbrens and who installs them?

15. DuramaxLML-42

DuramaxLML-42 Senior Member

My brother has an 04 chevy 1500 short bed step side and he uses a western pro 7.5ft. He wants an 8ft but the truck handles it so well. We've damn near plowed every kind of lot imaginable. Trucks are in getting undercoated. HE can plow 15 inches of snow no problem. Truck is lifted 6 inches. No issues. No parts go bad. Thats 760lb plow.