1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'06 release??

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by LwnmwrMan22, Jun 8, 2005.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Just wondering when the '06's are coming out, anyone know??

Looking to buy a new '05, but am waiting to see what kind of deals they start selling them at when the new '06's come out.
  2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Well GM has a great deal on trucks till July 5th I believe. I work for GM at the Truck Assy plant in Pontiac MI, we start building the 06 first week of August. Not sure on the release date but my guess would be early September.

Good Luck Mike
  3. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

New model year always gets to dealers for September.
    Best time to buy is a left over in August IMO or Sept. as dealers need the room normally. Not all dealers mind you. Local Dodge 5Star trucks dealer sells enough trucks there are no left overs for long and he's in no rush to clear them out. They get a carrier delivery of Rams a week + until "minivan season" then the lot is full of Carovans.... and little else.
  4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Yeah, my '02 Dodge 2500 that I'm thinking about trading in, I picked that up in September, of '02, but it had been on the lot since back in January.

When I got that, it was when all the major players were offering 0% for 60 months.

I'm waiting to see if they'll do that again on the 05's when the new ones start hitting the lot.
  5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Mike, heard you guys are working 3 shifts with overtime! Will be down there saturday night to drop you a load from 36th street stamping so that you have something to do monday when you get there.
  6. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Crash we are down to two shifts now but we are working 6 days. We have heard that they are talking 9 hrs a day and 6 days for the rest of the year. It gets hot outside and we start working overtime.

Regards Mike