1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'06 Ranger FX4

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Nielubie, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Nielubie

Nielubie Junior Member

I asked something similar in the SnoWay section of the forum but I was wondering if SnoWay would be the best thing to put on an '06 Ford Ranger FX4 or would it be able to handle a metal Western, Boss or Meyers plow?

What do you guys recommend to put on a Ranger? It doesn't have to be any of the 4 I listed above, as long as I can get it installed in Chicago land area.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What's not "real" about a Snoway? the Lexen skin is very durable, the frame is all high tensile steel and the 22 series has the ability of the "full" size plows in a compact package and is avaiolable with down pressure something no other manufaturer offers. A great match for a Ranger.

3. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

I had 2 rangers an and my couzin still has an 06 you would be stupid to go with any plow other then a snoway. Down pressure will make ur life alot easyer.

4. Nielubie

Nielubie Junior Member

That is good news to hear. I'm leaning torward it just that the whole clear plastic/poly scares me. I have an old Meyer on my Bronco II and that thing will last forever just don't want to purchase a plastic one to find out in cold freezing days I can't plow with it because it cracks in cold temperatures.

I'll be stopping by Caesars (IL) to check out some of their equipment.

5. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

I have never heard any horror stories about the smaller blades from time to time you will see a bigger one with a man hole cover threw it but he was abusing it

6. Flatulentvandal

Flatulentvandal Member

I had a snow way with a plastic blade on a Jeep Wrangler. It might be fine for driveways for a while but I blew a big chunk out of it and had to put a thin sheet of steel in to replace it.......

7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

First of all it is NOT plastic. It is Lexan and is very durable. If you "blew a hole" in it then you hit something. Snow will not "blow a hole" in the Lexan.

8. Flatulentvandal

Flatulentvandal Member

Frozen condensed ice / snow will break this stuff. No doubt its durable, otherwise it wouldnt be on a plow. To be true I was doing commercial plowing with an underequipped vehicle. But be careful, its not for rugged plowers / applications.

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Dude; if you look on the site you'll find picture of a Ford F250 that was in an accident with a lexen blade on the front of it. Totaled the truck, didn't break the Lexen.

10. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

just remember all the plow manufacturers build a "plastic plow" check all there websites