1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06 Ram 3500 Ultramount help needed

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by 1quick68chgr, Dec 21, 2010.

1. 1quick68chgr

1quick68chgr Junior Member

I have a 2006 Ram 3500 Mega Cab and will be mounting the Western plow 969 truck side kit. The problem is that the instructions are not very easy to folow (too wordy, not enough diagrams/photos). Has anyone mounted one on their 2500/3500 Ram; I could use some good pictures of it mounted to the frame and better instructions on how to mount the brackets.

2. 1quick68chgr

Forgot to mention I was mounting a Western plow.
  3. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

You have these instructions?

It's fairly straightforward, you need to remove the bumper and inner bumper/tow hook brace. Slide the intercooler up in order to to get enough clearance to slide the mount up on each frame horn and bolt it in place.
  4. 1quick68chgr

Yes sir, those are the instructions, but the PDF you sent has much clearer pictures. The paragraph above photo 3 is a little confusing when it talks about the frame spacer.