1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'06 Jeep Rubicon 22-7'6"

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by 43eggharbor, Dec 17, 2006.

1. 43eggharbor

43eggharbor Junior Member

Just finished installation of the 22-7'6" DP with Poly Scraper Blade and Wireless Remote on my '06 Jeep Rubicon, 6 Speed Manual - 4:10 Gears. Have also mounted a class three hitch front and back and the plow doesn't even come close to the receiver. While it may not need it, we're putting 1,000 lb air bags front and rear to ease any additional weight on the front.

Have to say that the instructions were very easy to follow and the install was easy. To me, neatness counts and hiding most of the wiring was easy. My son did the install in about 4-5 hours, which included the drilling and wiring. Save yourself about $400.00 and do the install yourself. No special tools needed except for the Torx to remove the bumper bolts. Follow the directions and you'll be fine.

I suggest that the factory move the bottom pre-drilled hole on the bracket, for the drivers side, up 3/8" as it is too close to the bottom of the box frame on the Jeep. Can't get the washer on the bolt, so I installed it without the washer. Everything else is perfect!

Of course the temperature goes now up to 60 degrees!!! If I can't play in the snow, I might as well fish.
  2. tjthorson

tjthorson Senior Member
    from IL

I have an old MT series 7'6" (very heavy compared to the new 22) on my 05 Wrangler X (auto, 3.73, crappy Dana 35 - not your nice D44 ;) )

It plows awesome, I have no ballast in the back either. I wasnt even really using the downpressure except to backdrag....

You will have no problem - enjoy!

Just remember, you have to remove the whole plowframe before you go on any Jeep Jamboree's
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Run the minimum air pressure in your rear bags when plowing. lets the front bags shift load rearward better.
  4. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Thank you for purchasing a Sno-Way. I will pass your comments along to our engineering department.
  5. 43eggharbor

43eggharbor Junior Member

Thanks for the replys

tjthorson - Thank you for the reply. No Jamboree's for me. The only off road I see is sand and the ocean for surf fishing!

basher - Thanks for information about the pressure in the rear. I've not used this rig before, so I do appreciate any tips.

rhkfwain - You're welcome. Hope that the information helps to make the installation of the washer possible. Very nice engineering on the unit and especially well written instructions. I'll post a photo as soon as I have some time - It's a good looking set up.