1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06 HD plus H2 rims and 315/70/r17?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by obrut, Aug 21, 2011.

1. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

I've been doing some searching but can't find a clear answer on this. Will stock H2 wheels with the stock 315/70/r17 fit on a stock 2006 silverado 2500HD? I was thinking maybe a three inch body body and few turns on the torsion bars would help, but I'm going to plow with this truck too and want to make sure I wont have any issues.

Anyone running this combo?

2. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

I have the same on my truck, 2002 Ram 2500. They rub when turning. I will go narrower when I replace them. They are my summer wheels. I wouldn't want to use that wide a tire plowing. I also don't wanna rub when I need to turn sharp while plowing. The Dodges sit up higher, so, you would have to lift or something.

3. firefighter305

firefighter305 Junior Member

I have the 315/70/17 BF Goodrich T/A s on my 2004 z71 with a 3" body lift and it did awesome last winter plowing. I just bought four new ones yesterday to get ready for this winter. They are wide but they had no problems in the 20" snow we got.
  4. ChevyHD4X4

ChevyHD4X4 Senior Member

Im running 295-70-17 on 09 H2's with slight rubbing on the UCA, but I also have the Cognito UCA.

5. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Love the look of hte H2 wheels on the pickups. Gotta get me a set!