1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06 hd 2500 w/ 265-75 -16's

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by pmgm, Nov 25, 2011.

1. pmgm

pmgm Junior Member

I would like to get a new set of tires for the truck. What are some good brands? Also don't know if I should stick with at's or switch to mt's ... My truck sits a lot in the summer ,I will use it just to move stuff around or pull a car trailer. I would like something good in the snow that won't break the bank....
  2. oldbluehairhemi

oldbluehairhemi Senior Member

at's would be best. mt's are gonna wear really fast. brand new tires for 3/4 ton or 1 ton trucks ain't cheap. there are alternatives like treadwright.com. all their tires are retreads.
  3. bleacher43

bleacher43 Member
    from MA

I just put a set of 265/75/16 BF Goodrich TA/KO's on. They are a nice tire about a grand, give or take a little. Looks like they will tear through the snow. Gas economy not the greatest.
  4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I would either go with the cooper discover ST or the goodyear duratracs. I have had good traction with both of them in the snow.
  5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Snow tires
  6. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

Been running firestone transforce at's on my 05 and 09 chev. Last two sets got 40,000 miles which to me seems good. Good grip, decent price.
  7. pmgm

pmgm Junior Member

Hello, Do you run those all year around or just in the snow? I have mastercraft A/t 2's on there and almost 35,xxx out of those.. I was daily driving the truck then with alot of highway miles. I wont be driving as much so hopefully the new ones will last longer...

8. White Duramax

White Duramax Junior Member

I run the same thing on my 05 in a 265/75R16. I am happy with them.
  9. gwhalen3

gwhalen3 Member

I have always run BFG at's, 265/75 16 on my chevy 2500 as well as the rest of my trucks. I get 40000+ miles out of every set and they have the best traction in snow and mud. The best baja racers in the world run them for a reason.
  10. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

Toyo Open Country..cant say enough good about them.
  11. acresmax

acresmax Junior Member
    from Ontario

A friend of mine runs michelin LTX M/S in that size. He got 100,000 miles on them. He drives 05 GM diesel CCLB. Not the best snow traction but hey.
  12. Moss Man

Moss Man Senior Member
    from Maine

I'm on my second set of Firestone Destination AT's, read the reviews at TireRack.com on them.
  13. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Slaped a set of Firestone Transforce AT's on my 2000 nbs 2500 last fall. 265/75/16 Worked better in the snow than the MT's they replaced. Wear looks minimal so far at about 14-15,000 miles. Ran me about $700 installed.
  14. monson770

monson770 Senior Member

nobody metions NOKIAN and BLIZZAK? how much does the bank hold?
    i run general grabber at2's, second season, good tire, but could be better i feel like. have the same traction almost all the way down..(michellens, and nokinas have similar if not better traction-to-wear quality)
    had the nitto terra grapplers, good when new, junk after about 1/3rd the tread.. at least in anthing less than deep snow
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  15. Santry426

Santry426 Senior Member

I run 265/75/16 Load range E General Grabber A/T2's and love them.....Have a nice somewhat aggresive tread but are quite on the road. Great plowing and take a beating..