1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06 GMC/Western pic please

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by cutbetterthanyo, Dec 19, 2010.

1. cutbetterthanyo

cutbetterthanyo Senior Member

I am currently putting a western unimount on my 06 d max and am not real pleased with the look of my bumper now that i have cut it up for the mount. Does anyone have any pics of there front bumper/valance with there plow off. I just want to see if yours looks any better than mine. I only need gmc pics thou cuz the chevy bumpers are different. Thanks guys
  2. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Unimount on an '06? Probably have to cut out the whole middle of the lower valance, no? This is why they went to the ultra-mount (one reason anyway)- much less of the bumper has to be cut out...
  3. cutbetterthanyo

cutbetterthanyo Senior Member

Yeah that is basically what i had to do. This is my first plow so i really had no clue.I may just buy anothere valance for the summer. I just don't see why they offered it back then. The guy i got it from had it on a chevy and gave me the valance to go with it it is hardly cut at all. I guess just the way the gmc is made. when did they stop offering the unimount?
  4. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

Yeah, I have an 06' with the Ultramount..had to cut very little. just enough to fit over the mounts...That why I love Western. IMAG0072.jpg