1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06 GMC Truck Seat worn out

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by CMD, Jan 22, 2010.

1. CMD

CMD Member
    from Maine

Any good options for repair or replacement of the original driver side seat .

I have the usual wear on the side of the seat from being in and out but the actual frame of the seat is bending I believe and the back has shifted and it feel like you are sitting on the back edge of the padding . .

Only 4000 hours in the seat !! and I intend to keep this truck till the frame hits the ground .

This is a cloth covered seat ... would go with leather next time .... and multi position powered .... functions fine but not very comfortable when your in the seat for 8-10 hours a shot .
  2. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

My seet is the same way, I sewed the hole once already were my short italian a** alides in out of everyday. Where the lumbar support is you can feel a metal rod pushing against you and the seet creeks when you go back and forth plowing. I only weight 200# too haha. But if you look at the driver seat compared to the passenger one you can definatly tell all the caging inside is broke and the pads are worn out. I dont know what to do about it.
  3. CMD

CMD Member
    from Maine

I think leather would solve the wear on the edge of the seat ..... minor .

But the structural issue of the supports distorting really stops me from having the seat just re-done , something is just not built stronge enough .

Not sure if there is a secondary market out there ? like the commercial truck market that builds air rides ...... not necessarliy the air ride mechanism but the ruggedness of a commercial truck seat ??

And I admitt at 6'-1 and just shy of 300 I am hard on this type of equipment ..... for 5 months of the year this is my office and you need to be comfortable even for the physical implications ...... how well do your legs work after 8-10 hours of plowing and sanding ?
  4. dmaxplowguy66

dmaxplowguy66 Junior Member

Leather won't do you any better. My 02 has a big hole in the side from were the leather has just worn out and the damn side lumbar pokes you really bad. Time to go junk yard shoping
  5. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Never heard of a seat wearing out like described ...Never ...

Maybe next time try some seat covers for wear...
  6. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Yall must have big a$$es or something!!!! lol:D Never had a seat worn out either as you guys describe. But then again Im only 150lbs, the only worn in spot on the seat is from my copenhagen can in my back pocket. I would look around for a new seat or something. Maybe add some additional reinforcement to the oem seat??
  7. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

Doesnt that tin hurt your a**? I cant keep mine in my back pocket or my a** will have skoal rings. :laughing:
  8. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I think I have a perfect dent in my left asscheek from it, so I dont feel it anymore. :laughing: You can actually see the ring on the seat of my mower from it!!!
  9. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

i'm 5'11 185 and my 02 leather dr side is worn also.
  10. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

Try car-parts.com should be able to find one out of a wreck.
  11. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

If you just want the cover call a truck conversion company. I use to work for Waldoch Crafts (www.waldoch.com) and they had a room full of boxed oem seat covers leftover from installing leather covers. Just give them a call. I think they were selling complete sets (whole truck) for $75 plus shipping or something like that.