1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06 GMC 2500hd problems

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by JR Snow Removal, Sep 2, 2009.

1. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

OK so i have an 06 hd and i had my pick-up camper on it all summer so it only got used about 6 times. well last week i took off the camper and started driving it again an i notice a leak. The only thing i can find that looks like its leaking is the sterring gear box where the steering shaft goes in from the fire wall. does anyone know if that seal can be replaced. one other thing is its squeaking i thought it was the belt but but some belt lube on it and it didnt go away i was thinking the altenator but it dosent seem to effect my battery gauge and the truck dosent seem like it is starting any different any ideas.
    I would like to fix it myself before having to fork money over to a mechanic.
  2. purplehavoc

purplehavoc Member

Yes that is a servicable seal.Dealer normaly stocks those.
    As for your belt,did you check you ac belt or just the serp. belt?
  3. overtime

overtime Senior Member

Could be a bearing. If you have a long screw driver put it by the idler pully and ten check them all while your there. Belt dressings don't work. Baby powder works that what we use. Hope this helps