1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'06 ford tranny problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by csalvi, Sep 14, 2010.

1. csalvi

csalvi Junior Member
    from Boston

i have an 06 f250 ext cab with the 6.0 diesel just over 78k. has anyone else had or heard of the trannys having trouble shifting when the engine is cold? the first 5 min of driving the truck sucks because it doesnt like to shift higher than 2nd gear. it revs over 2k rpm and bucks out. like i said its only for 5 min until the engine warms up then shits decent. i tried changing the tranny fluid thinking that might be the problem but i changed nothing. i'm going to the ford dealer tomorrow to check recalls but any info would be appreciated. thanks guys

2. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

have you let it warm up on the driveway before you leave or are you the person that starts it and goes?

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

let the truck runs and warm up for a few mins.

4. csalvi

csalvi Junior Member
    from Boston

i do especially in the winter let it idle for a good 15 min not sure if its a problem or just something to live with

5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I drive a 6.0 Ambulance 48 hours a week. It does that when you start out in the morning?
    Stumbles to life smoky with very rough, loud idle?
    Runs like a broke leg dog for the first mile? The RPM stays right below the 2800 RPM shift point?
    It's not the transmission it's the engine! We just went through this with my ambulance. The injectors and the EGR had problems. I do believe the engine has 100k warranty on it. Ford needs to fix it for you. They did my unit and it runs like new again! I love the 6.0 diesel. When it runs good it's a great engine!

6. msu1510

msu1510 Senior Member
    from MI

:nod:try this 1) go to a chevy dealer 2) trade it in on a chevy 3) thank me later:nod:

7. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Troll alert! Never fails. Someone has a problem with a Ford and the first response is "buy a chevy". Fug that government motor crap. :gunsfiring:

8. msu1510

msu1510 Senior Member
    from MI

wow grump alert, lighten up. snow has not even started yet and you are already strung out.