1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06 Ford F250 6.0 snow plow lights retrofitting question

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by lc6888, Sep 7, 2015.

1. lc6888

lc6888 Junior Member

Hi,

New to the forum, hope to learn a lot as I am new to the business and hopefully share some experiences as I go along.

Company I work for just bought a 2006 Ford F250 with the 6.0 diesel to use as a property maintenance and snow plow truck. They then purchased a used Fisher snow plow (not originally on this truck) and asked me to install the plow push plates and wiring to get the plow onto the truck.

Some info on the plow: To the best of my knowledge It is a Fisher RD series (previous owner did not even know what model it was) and it seems very old as it is very tough to find any info on the plow itself even on the Fisher website, I can only get a very old .pdf parts picture and half the part numbers cross to newer numbers or don't work at all form the Fisher website. It has a SEHP setup. It has the MM1 mount on it but the MM2 pushplates for the newer Ford F250 work fine for it.
    The previous owner had it on a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 but he bought it used so the plow is probably older than that.

I finished installing the push plates and am having problems with the wiring harness. This has the relay setup and not the isolation module. The controls for the pump work perfect but the plow lights are not working. The previous owner's Dodge had different headlights so I matched up the wiring and spliced in new headlight plugs into the harness and plugged them in. But the lights won't switch over to the plow lights and stay on the truck headlights.
    The harness was pretty chopped up from the previous owner and I am wondering if perhaps it would be better to just order a new truck and plow side control harness.

My questions (sorry for the long post just wanted to get all the info in):
    Does anyone know how to wire a relay setup for a 2006 Ford F250 Superduty (wiring diagrams, which wire goes where would be great thanks!)?
    Does anyone know if I can convert the old relay setup to an isolation module setup? If so what parts would I need for a 2006 Ford F250? Part numbers if available would be greatly appreciated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Tried to search for some info but could not find perhaps not too familiar with the site yet.

2. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Post this in the Fisher topic area, you will get faster response.

3. lc6888

lc6888 Junior Member

Thanks I'll post it there, if there is a moderator online, would you please merge the threads, thanks.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

If you really want to go cheap and be done with it. Just wire a switch and relay for the plow lights.