1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06 Ford F-350

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ultimate plow, Dec 8, 2007.

1. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Im looking at this particular truck from a dealer. It has 30,000 miles. 6.0 powerstokre Its a crew cab short bed. XLT. Very close to buying. Awsome truck! Do you guys have anything to say about this particular one.

2. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

i'd get an oasis report before you jump on it . if you get me the vin i'll get one for ya . please post a pic if you can

3. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Its sitting in my driveway so ill snap a few and get em posted up. Everythings great with the truck mike

4. Plowin in VT

Plowin in VT Senior Member

I have a '07 F250 Power Stroke, standard cab, long bed, w/an 8' Fisher and a 9cu ft Sno Way tailgate spreader. This is my first season plowing with it, and it is an amazing beast! The low end torque is great, and with 1000# of salt in the back, traction is great! I'm only getting 9.4mpg when plowing, and was only getting 14.4mpg highway this summer (35 mile drive @ 70mph max). With diesel going for $3.79/gal, expect to pay at least $125 per fill up.
    I had a '05 GMC 3500 extended cab, long bed w/the Duramax which gave me great mileage (17.5 mpg highway), but I had a lot of mechanical problems with it, and I was afraid it wouldn't last me the season.
    The F350 crew cab is a big beast, so take her through a couple of your routes to make sure that she's not too big to work well. If it's not too big, you'll love the truck. I've put 12k miles on mine in the last 4 months, with no problems, and at 30k miles, she isn't even broken in yet!
    Evan

5. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q Senior Member

I have the same truck. Great work truck. Run a 8' western w/ a tornado. Doesn't quit. Go for it. As long as you do the homework first. Why would someone trade that truck w/ only 30K??

6. Snow-Kid

Snow-Kid Senior Member
    from nw ohio

around my area you see them exact same trucks on the car lots. The car dealers say that they are off lease programs and they range from 15000 to 35000 miles. lf you look long enough you can find a truck with every thing you want on it. The truck you are describing will make a good plow truck. If the oasis report comes back clean the 6.0 has plenty of power to push snow.