1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06 f550 sander

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by vis, Oct 30, 2006.

1. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

what is the biggest sander you can put in an 06 550, stainless mason dump bed truck?

3.2 yds?

just pondering some options :nod: wesport

2. Sharpshooter77

Sharpshooter77 Senior Member

Were I work we have a 3.5 yard meyer or diomand sand on our 05 f-550 but we never put more that a yard or two into. Hope this helps you out :) :salute: :waving:

3. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

We ran 2 Swenson 4.4 with liquid tanks last year. Fully loaded we were at about 23k. No issues at all. Truck performed flawlessly.

4. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

so what you guys are saying is 3 yds + stainless bed +stainless sander is not pushing it? i know the truck will drive with the weight, but i dont want to put too much on the frame/springs....in the summer i can put 3-4 yd dry topsoil in the bed no problem, just wondering about the weight of the sander too...

5. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I'd work with your GVWR and your rear GAWR