1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06 F450 2WD Reg Cab ----> 4WD Crew Cab Conversion

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Lawnscape89, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Lawnscape89

Lawnscape89 Senior Member

I saw this on eBay. It's got a salvage title and the description says that it caught fire and they decided to convert the 2006 Ford 2WD Single Cab to a 4WD Crew Cab( Plow and spreader included).

If this is true, how long was the bed prior to reconstruction? Or, do you think the lengthened the frame? I looked closer and it does appear as though the frame has been lengthened. Or, maybe they "put" two trucks together? Either way, seems kinda sketchy (plus the way it's listed - private listing).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006...008QQitemZ180223061008QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Some stuff I noticed is wrong.
    The radio is missing the volume knob.
    They are running an old rusting unimount (with no lights) off a ultra mount.
    The front of the dump bed looks dented/wrinkled.
    Under the dump body half of the frame looks like fresh paint and the other half looks old/dusty.

3. kklick

kklick Junior Member
    from ohio

his feedback on ebay is generally pretty good. Email the seller and ask for a more detailed description of what they did to the vehicle. If everything was done right he should't have a problem telling you what they did.

4. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

That's around London Ky., there are a bunch of lots that sell wrecked trucks and cars for rebuilders. I bought my first truck in London Ky, a 91 Chevy Pick-up, had been under water. One of the best truck I ever had.

5. Lawnscape89

Lawnscape89 Senior Member

I'm not personally interested in the truck. I just thought it was interesting (and kinda crazy) to "splice" a truck together like that. I know they extend frames for large dump trucks, so it's probably not an issue. But I'd rather not deal with something "morphed" like this one.