1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06 f350

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by vis, Mar 5, 2006.

1. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

Can a 06 f350 single rear wheel with plow prep/diesel engine hold a 9' Xblade? i have seen them on the dually dumps...diddnt know if a 9 footer will go on a single rear wheel pick up...

2. Snow-Kid

Snow-Kid Senior Member
    from nw ohio

I have got a 06 f350 psd srw regular cab and have a 9'2 boss poly v-plow on it and the plow weighs 950 pound give or take. I don't think you would have any problem with the xblade. Also my truck only drops maybe 1/2 inch in the front with blade up and no timberens.
    brent

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I've got an 8611 LP on my '05 350, if that helps.

4. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

I have an 06' F350 Single Tires with the Plow Prep. And I have an 810 Blizzard on it. Probably the heaviest plow out there for its size. You should be fine with the xblade if you have the plow prep package, if not it might be pushing it.

Ken

5. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

NO PROBLEM. My friend has an F-250 with a 9' Fisher, and you wouldn't know it. The F-350 is still an extreemly rugged machine even with the SRW.

-Thann

6. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

you can put a 9' on a 250? i thought 8' was pushing it.....

7. tuna

tuna Senior Member

I ran a 9 foot Fisher on an 89 F250 LD 6700 # GVW for 3 years with no problems.Yes it is way to much plow for the truck but it didn`t break.

8. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

The truck is even like a 2002.

-Thann

9. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

I think im going to hold off and get the 8' Xtreme V when it comes out...i love the stainless look, now they make it in v-plow... yes please.