1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06 f350 shortbox spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by alpine692003, Feb 5, 2008.

1. alpine692003

alpine692003 Senior Member

Hey guys, I run a 9ft pro plus western pro plow and I need to get a spreader.. Im not sure what type to get? Im reading up on the icebreaker here and it seems like there is a lot of problems with it, then there is the tornado that cracks..

What do you guys suggest? Swenson or has the icebreaker been tweaked here.. and I heard of running antifreeze in your gas lines so it won't freeze up??
  2. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

We run 2 of those short box ez cab fords......8.5 ft westerns and 1.5 yd vboxs from downeaster.. They are nice units!!!! Electric so you never need to worry about gas line freezing, they are very reliable and present much less maintneance than a gasser, plus no need to smell like gas all night when you spill it on yourself filling the spreader. The oldest one we have is 4 5 seasons ols and runs like new, careful cleaning and treating keeps the chains in good shape and the boxes are staimless, these unit cost about 4500 dollars.
  3. Snow-Kid

Snow-Kid Senior Member
    from nw ohio

my boss has a snow-ex vpro in the back of his crew cab 250 short bed and i think it works out well for him. I had it in the back of my longbed 350 last year and had plent of room to spare.