1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'06 F250 V10 6-spd.

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by jhenegh, Jan 4, 2013.

1. jhenegh

jhenegh Member
    from Indiana

Currently using a '99 F150 4.6 5-spd to push a 7.5 straight blade. Installed it last year but this is really my first year using it. Its doing fine but working as a sub (as I currently am) some of the jobs have been less than ideal with a 1/2 ton. An '06 F250 Ext cab Long Bed caught my eye and it has the V10 6-spd. I've driven 4.6, 5.4, 6.8, 7.3, 6.0, 6.4, 4 speed auto, 5 speed auto, 5 speed manual and 6 speed manual. Hit all the bases!

V10 empty isn't bad and with a 6 spd. loaded I would think would be awesome. My Experience with is is a '00 F250 & auto. I like diesels but their initial expense and potential for higher maintenance costs keeps me from getting too excited about them.

This '06 also has a near identical twin with the auto. For some reason I just like manuals? Especially one of the last years Ford offered it here in this package.

Any input on any snag points with this truck? It has 195K and a service body right now. I'd go the flatbed route with it.

Thanks

2. tanker6

tanker6 Member
    from CT

195k with a service body? It better be one hell of a cheap price before I'd look twice.