1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06 F250 CC SB - Looking to add a plow

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by AIGTactical, Dec 28, 2011.

1. AIGTactical

AIGTactical Junior Member

Looking to buy a used plow for my F250. It only snows a couple of times per year around here, but I'd like to have something in the shop that I can use to clear my driveway, and maybe the neighbors' too.

So, what's a good, relatively cheap used setup that I could go with - and who has one? :)
  2. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Check craigslist. Personally, if your doing just your driveway, you really can't go wrong with any of the major brands. That said, get a minimum of an 8 ft. blade. A 7' 6" is not wide enough to cover your truck.
  3. AIGTactical

AIGTactical Junior Member

I have 12" wide tires that protrude beyond the fender wells by a couple inches, so I guess I would need a 8'6" blade.

Craigslist - yeah... Thanks for the reply!
  4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

another issue to think about is parts/dealer support in your area. you can buy the best cheapest plow. but if parts are like 2 weeks out, then that just sucks.