1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06 f150

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by DARCO_PM, Oct 13, 2012.

1. DARCO_PM

DARCO_PM Junior Member
    from CT

Newbie!
    I need some advise.
    2006 F150 4x4 Crew cab 5.4L and want to put a Fisher plow. 7.5 HT, SD or HD. I'm also going to gave snowex spreader 1575 or 1875.
    What modification should I do to my truck? Springs, Leveling kits, spacers, Timbrens?
    I'm very new to this, so please go easy on me.
    Thanks!:mechanic:

2. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

You using it for commercial or residential

3. DARCO_PM

DARCO_PM Junior Member
    from CT

Little bit of both.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well you should do something. Are you traveling with salt in the bed while plowing, or are u Gunna fill up after plowing?

5. DARCO_PM

DARCO_PM Junior Member
    from CT

yes, salt in spreader while plowing.

6. dieselss

No I was meaning like a pallet of salt. Or X amount of bags in the bed while plowing. Alotta extra weight when not needed. But I would look into so type of extra help. Air springs, timbrens, etc..

7. DARCO_PM

DARCO_PM Junior Member
    from CT

Why, should I have that on the bed? Probable, but not much.

8. dieselss

Well. Are tks are loaded dwn almost all the time but they can handle it,,,,but I mean alotta salt. But if you just have 18 bags to fill your hopper,,,not super bad but your getting close to the gvwr of the tk