1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06 F150 XLT Front End

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by rydzewski, Nov 27, 2008.

1. rydzewski

rydzewski Member

happy turkey day everyone!

I am wondering if the use of timbren's on my front end will really casue less front end damage. the plow i purchased is a western polly pro plus plow weighing 720 pounds. I also have an 08 F250 that I am going to put a plow on. will the f-150 be able to do the residential side of the business (around 20 driveways) without crapping out on me every month?

2. Lil STX Ford

Lil STX Ford Senior Member

I waiting for a Sno Pro 3000 Phaze II about same in Lbs's, Ordered Timbrens for it and have 2 1/2 spacer, dealer said my lil 4.6 should have nuff pep to push it.. Let ya know next week..

3. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

[​IMG]

this will be the 5th season for this 04 f150

4. Lil STX Ford

Did you do anything to the front end? or you running stock?

5. rydzewski

rydzewski Member

shes all stock. except for engine, intake and exhaust upgrades

6. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

I have a flow 40 but other then that and tires. I pull a landscape trailer all summer and then bust its butt all winter. change the fluids and stuff and it gone threw a set of brakes or 2. But i have plow prep and heavy payload package so. Its a great truck for a half ton

7. Lil STX Ford

Is my toy with a 2 1/2 lift on front with added leaf in back, getting timbrens next week then attaching a Curtis sno pro 3000 Phase II on it, i'll up a pic once completed

Image002.jpg

Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
  8. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

Hey STX Ford, how do you like your Add A Leaf? I have been thinking about getting it for my F150, but I didn't want to sacrifice ride too much since I am only loaded down for salting in the winter.

9. Lil STX Ford

empty on dirt loose gravel you slow down lol... but i find it gave it more of a truck feel then a jacked up car ride.
    It's my 2nd that i do it with, the idea of bottoming out with just a slowblower on back was hideous..
    But i do have to carry weight at times.. 1100lbs or so in this pic... and only 1 inch drop from tire to fender well

http://www.plowsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=46104&stc=1&d=1227925541

10. nobullfrogs

nobullfrogs Junior Member

I have a boss 8'2" power-v on my 06 F150 4 door. I installed 3" spacers and timbrens both. Truck handles plow very well after i installed a 2nd battery. She's a rough ride going 55 mph + on the highway however because of the very small amount of play w/ the timbrens with that heavy plow on. I hope she makes it through this winter quietly. (even got a boss dealer to install it!!!)