1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06 F150 4x4 mount hits everything

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by vwovw, Jan 29, 2007.

1. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

why does my mount for a MT hit everything....curbs, my street when i leave my driveway. [​IMG]The tech says that they lowered it so the plow can get a better stance at pushing. ugh my wife needs her truck for things other than plowing. maybe they need to work on getting rid of that horrible chunk of steel off my trucks when i'm not plowing.[​IMG]
    anyone else have this problem?
    If i lift the truck will that ruin my stance? will i have to lower the mount?
    [​IMG]
    it's the wifes truck i'll take a pic later:waving:

2. the installation instructions for mine say that the lower pin holes should be between 9 and 11 inches above the ground. My plow is an ST series on a ranger, but it doesn't hit anything.

3. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

what year is your plow?

4. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

because my other trucks plow is higher and the tech said they lowered it in 05 i think.

5. it's an '02 if i remember correctly. I dunno, maybe your mounts are different.

6. vtecricer71

vtecricer71 Junior Member
    from ohio

i have a 05 f-150 with a 2.5 inch leveling kit and my mount doesnt ever touch the ground

7. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

well i have a 01 htv or maybe its a 00 and my wifes is a 05 mt they have the same mounts. so you have the same as well. i think in 05 they started selling they're new mounts on plows other than the st and mt. which i didn't mind cause i can mount my wifes plow on my f250 and use her wireless remote. but in my manual it had her mt at a lower height than my mount.

8. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

but did it before? and what is your height now ....ground to mount?

9. well then it kinda sounds like the mounts were put together to be too low. Yeah if you can show us some pics of the mounts and/or plow that'd be cool.

10. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

[​IMG]
    the mount for a new 05 and up v
    [​IMG]
    F250 htv
    [​IMG]
    her mt
    i'll get pics of her mount height.

11. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this is how the new dealer installed the mount....weak
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Raise that puppy up 1 1/2 inches.

14. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

the truck? cause i can't raise the mount anymore. I installed it the first time. my wife had a 05 in silver and wanted a different color. So i payed the new dealer to install it the second time. same thing (hit curbs)except i got the tow thingys to lay flat. look at pics above for pic.
    like they say if you want something done right do it yourself. I was building a house and thought i didn't have enough time to install myself again. plus i didn't have the nuts on a stick.:rolleyes:

15. i don't think he meant raise the truck, raise the subframe 1 1/2 inches. It's too low and like a mentioned before, my ranger mounts are higher than that. The subframe should have multiple holes for different apps to allow different heights. And what's up with that close up of the frame and bolts? It looks like metal is bent and the two pieces of steel don't even mate correctly.

16. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

well the mount is raised all the way up. boy that would be sad if i could install my own plows and not figure out that my mount needs to be raised
    as mentioned above

this is a certified snoway dealership install. weak
    [​IMG]
    i'll fix it spring

17. lol, yeah that's not looking so hot :realmad:

18. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

My Ranger hits on certain driveways. I assume it is because the truck is naturally low and the drives are not in the best of shape where they meet the street.

19. jjcc246

jjcc246 Junior Member

Had the same problem with my "05. Installed a daystar or a differant name 2 1/2" lift from ebay (about $100). Sit on top of the coils, very easy install. Plow frame hits nothing and the truck looks a thousand times better. The guy I got the lift from was "springbender" on e-bay.

20. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

cool. i'll check them out. thanks