1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06 F-350

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by fordplowdude, Sep 15, 2005.

1. fordplowdude

fordplowdude Member

Im going to buy a 06 F-350 but the one im looking at doesn't have the snow plow prep. package. Would I be able to put a plow on without it?
  2. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

There are so many trucks out there why don't you just wait or keep looking for one with the $80 dollar option.I will cost you way more then that to add the options
  3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Yes, you can. Probably the most you might have to do is cahnge out the springs. I have heard prices for OEM springs around $40. A little bit of labor and you're all set.

Does it have the trailer tow package? That would be the other thing, make sure it has a tranny cooler.
  4. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I agree with the guys up top, I was also able to order a package that beefed up my rear springs as well for 5th wheels.

May want to look into this as it helps if you plan on putting a salter back there, :redbounce

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i you buy a truck without plow prep and decide to put a plow on it your giving the dealer an out for warranty work.

6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

True, but a plow prep package does not guarantee that they will warranty some or all of it either. I am aware of the Magnuson-Moss Act, but if you beat on your tranny and the damage is obvious, they will not cover it under warranty.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

when i bought my 04 dodge i spoke to the service manager about plowing and warranty .espeacially trans warranty . he told me as long i had the plow prep package chrysler would cover however many trans. for 7-70k
    what dealer prep worth $150.00.rather be safe than 3k for a trans to save $150.00. plus were not talking leftover truck . order an 06 with the right package.

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Go for the $80. It is well worth it!
  9. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

I agree with everyone else, just wait and get a truck with the plow prep. I ordered my 05 with the plow prep even though right now I don't plan on putting a plow on it, since who knows what the future will hold. Rather be safe than sorry.