1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06 F-350 Install Western or Fisher

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by nailerdog, Nov 22, 2005.

1. nailerdog

nailerdog Member
    from WI

I know thes plows are quite similar but because of close parts availability I've pretty much decided on a 8.5 MVP on my 06 F-350 PSD. I plan to have the plow drop shipped and install it myself. Any special considerations for this vehicle or install complications that should push me over to Fisher EZV instead of the Western?

Thanks in advance.

2. plowed

plowed Senior Member

I prefer the trip-edge Fisher over the full-blade trip of the Western

3. nailerdog

nailerdog Member
    from WI

The western V is a trip edge. I'm pretty much thinking about the differences in the mounting systems.

4. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

I would suggest evaluating the hitches and see if they are comperable. I would suspect that the Fisher may be built more rugged. If there isn't a big deal between them I would say wichever unit would be the easiest to get parts and service(if needed) for in your area.

5. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

The Fisher and Western V-plow are basically the same plow. The only major difference will be the mounting systems. I feel the western ultra-mount is a bit easier than the MM2 system, but that is my opinion. As far as strength of the mount I cannot imagine the western mount being any weaker than the fisher. The one thing the I really like about the western ultra-mount is the ability to remove the receiver on the truck side. With them off you can hardly tell that the truck even has a plow.

Western, Fisher, and now Blizzard are owned by the same parent company so I cannot imagine there is not some sort of shared engineering that goes on when designing the mounting systems.

Hope this helps....

p.s. Also when you order the controller, I would recommend getting the controller with out the mode button... far easier to use than with the mode button.

Lou