1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06 F-350 diesel dually 4x4 V-plow flatbed

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Chipper, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Chipper

Chipper Member

2006 F-350 Super-Duty 6.0 Diesel.
    5 speed auto trans with tow haul.
    4x4 with manual lock out hubs and manual transfer case "factory"
    Tow Command System
    Snow Plow Package
    4:10 Ratio Limited Slip Rear Axle
    13000 GVWR Package
    Power and heated telescoping mirrors
    PTO transmission
    Premium am/fm cd player
    Front and rear stabilizer bar
    Power windows, locks, air conditioning, tilt, cruise, vinyl floor with nice comfy lumbar supported seats.
    All aluminum flatbed
    HAS NEVER PLOWED SNOW----"YET" Plow was installed August 2010........

Western MVP Plus 9.5 foot V-plow, extra lights installed just under headlights. Shine out to the side behind plow blades.
    Plow is one year old and basically was a dealer demo. Used maybe 5-6 times. Paint is hardly scraped off the very ends of the cutting edge.
    Extra lights on headache rack pointed out the rear of flatbed.
    LED caution light.
    All wired into the factory tow command system.

Truck runs and drives excellent. Everything works and functions good. Stock truck, no chips, air intakes or modified exhaust.
    HAS NOT BEEN USED TO PLOW SNOW
    I purchased the truck and set it up to be my ULTIMATE plow rig. Since then I have another opportunity to make a whole lot more money not plowing snow but I need a semi. So this is up for sale.
    The Bad:
    Needs rear tires. Fronts are really good and I would buy 4 to match the fronts. Haven't gotten around to ordering them yet. Tire sales start in Oct. according to my local dealer.
    Front drivers seat is torn a little. Just on the edge from swinging your leg over and off the seat getting in and out.
    Mileage is high 223,000. But the first private owner took very nice care of the truck. Is in nicer shape than most of the 1 tons I looked at with half the mileage. Especially some of the beat to death pipe line trucks.
    Price is $24500 FIRM
    Located near Eau Claire WI

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  2. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Not trying to be a jerk, but $24,500 for a truck with over 225,000 miles is a bit high! Trucks with half that mileage go for half the price.

3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Very nice set up! As far as price...its only worth what some one will pay. I just came across a 04 F350 4x4 dump with 12k miles on it, yes 12k. It was a diesel and had a newer 9ft Western straight blade a fancy directional light stick on the cab protector, new tires bla, bla, bla this thing was MINT! and he was asking 21,000 OBO.

4. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

so 12,000 miles for $21,000? and this joker wants $24,500 hahahaaa

5. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

Nice ass truck. I like it alot. Good luck witht he sale. I think you will need it.

6. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

Im thinking its a typo, maybe he meant to hit 1 instead of 2.

7. Chipper

Chipper Member

Yeah I figured this would happen.
    Sullivan Septic: So you can find 06 Diesel dually 4x4 with a new 9.5 foot V-plow for $12.250 which is half the price I'm asking. PLEASE show me the ads. Pull your head out of your a#@. Blue book on the truck alone is $22.000 with the mileage. Plus $4500 plus for the plow.
    You haven't seen the the truck so what's the point???????????????????
    Brain please learn the difference between the 03-04 6.0L Diesel and an 06. Then get back to me.

8. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

so whats the diffrence between the 03-04 and the 06?

9. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

here YOU GO SMART AZZ

OH WOW LOOK AT THIS LESS THEN HALF THE MILEAGE ANDDD ITS A CREW CAB
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...86fQQitemZ180560996463QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

here's one closer to yours buddy
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...63cQQitemZ180558104124QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  10. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Good Luck. I will give you 10 grand....

11. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

Well its pretty complicated but ill try to explain,

The 03-04 6.0's were installed in 03-04 model trucks
    and
    the 06 6.0's were installed in 06 model trucks

I hope I didnt lose ya!

I booked it out as well and using the option on kbb for a snow plow it booked for $20,825 without was $19,525 in EXCELLENT condition.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  12. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Nice find EGLC. At 225,00 miles, I would say that motor and trans needs an overhaul. And don't get me wrong, its not about Ford or Chevy. That drivetrain is at the end of its life. I don't care if its a 2006 or not. $24,500 is an insane amount of money for that truck with those miles. At $24,500, that truck should have 100,000 miles at most. Even then, it doesn't have a dump bed to help the price. Sorry man, but just trying to give you the hard truth.

13. THEGOLDPRO

14. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

I hate to join the gang, but the truck will never pull that price. Because of the plow, maybe 15K

15. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

You took the words out of my mouth. I picked up my 2006 6.0L with 25k miles for $22k. They wanted $32k so it goes to show that theres always room for negotiation.

16. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

I dont understand why so many people have to say stuff about the price. I think he will find out he is high when no one calls him lol.

17. Brian Young

HAHAHA I was a FORD certified mechanic since ooooohhhh, 2002 and have been turning wrenches since 1988. I have 20k in tools to prove it, lol. Out of the 100 or so diesel trucks this dealership sold in those years I bet there was problems with maybe 3% the rest was routine gravy maintenance. Hey I said it was a nice truck just a bit over priced I think. IDK what blue book your reading but I bet any dealer would give you half of what your asking.
    Please learn the difference between what your trucks worth and what your dreaming to get out of it then post it for sale!

18. THEGOLDPRO

its constructive critism, we want to see him sell this truck so we are trying to help him. its the brotherly thing to do.

19. Brian Young

Your right Mackman, no one should care but I just hate it when guys try to sell stuff thats years and years old and want next to new prices, it just gets old. But again, your right....moving on.

20. Brian Young