1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06 f 150 vibration

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by BKFC255, Oct 23, 2008.

1. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

i bought my truck in july and the tires had never been rotated and had about 20000 miles on them.i have since rotated them. now the truck got a shake in the front end that you can feel in the steering wheel not all the time. and a slight shimmy when you get up to 45 mph. i am taking it to get the wheels balanced today. my question is with out of balance tires make thoise issue or do i have drive train problem? they are the stock general ameritrac tr tire. or should i get new tires? the truck now has 27000 miles on her.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you didn't have the vibration until you rotated the tires then that's the likely cause.

It's not at all unheard of for a tire thats moved to a different corner or direction on a truck to initially create a shimmy or vibration until they wear a bit more into there new running position. Usually the more aggressive the tread, or the longer you go between rotations the worse it can be.

3. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

If its not broke, dont fix it.

4. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

Likely just the tires, and you couldn't feel it when it was on the back. Let us know if the rebalance helps it. No need for new tires yet if they are still good enough for plowing.

On a similar note my buddy has a 04 F250 that has an occasional shimmy or pull to the left. He did brakes and rotors and it is still there. Any body got any ideas.

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

The F-250's are know to go through ball joints quickly. Have him check the whole front end out for wear.