1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06 f 150 transmission question

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by BKFC255, Dec 8, 2008.

1. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

sometimes my truck shifts funny when you step on it it does not down shift or from a stop step on it, it does not take right off it goes but it takes it a little to wind up. or if i let off the gas and step on it again it will take off. do i have to have the computer reprogramed. it does not throw a code. it is like the torque conveter is not working right it has 29000 miles on it.

2. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

I only 42k on my 04and ill say this it shifts much better underload. I am considering getting a programmer but i dont have the money for it.

3. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

I have a programmer, it helps but still gets a odd shift here and there. Ford trannys seem to hang onto gears to long, I think its because they are designed to work under a load.