1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06 f 150 front end lift ?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by vwovw, Mar 15, 2007.

1. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

what product would you recommend for leveling or lifting her truck.
    [​IMG]

2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Do you want to level it with just the plow on or all the time? If it sags with just the plow (I would assume it doesn't because of the SnoWay) I would say get some Timbrens. More than likely you want it level all the time, so I would go with a 2" leveling kit.

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Or a good air bag system when the plows on. Air it down when the plow is not on or the season's over. Might need to have some ballast in the bed too if you don't have it now or when the plows on.
    It will balance out the weight and greatly improve traction.

4. MJM Landscaping

MJM Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

5. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

nice....i like the looks of them and their site. thanks

6. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

I have an 06 f-150 supercab w/ a 7.5 MM2 RD that i put a 2 inch levelling that i bought on ebay for about $80. The kit was basically just a couple of aluminum spacers that fit on top of the coil spring inside the strut assembly. I installed the kit myself (with a strut compressor borrowed from autozone) in about an hour. I am very happy with the result, the truck sits level when empty and no plow and barely squats with the plow lifted and 500 lbs of ballst up against the gate.This combination carries the plow very well and has made believers out of a few from the "can't plow comercially with anything less than a 3/4 ton crowd". for the record i also have 2 3/4 ton chevys(1 1993 and 1 1995) with 8'mm plows niether of which carries the plow as well as this truck.
    p.s. you will need to have a front end alignment if you install this type of kit $52 at my local ford dealer

7. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

thanks. i also have a v10 f250 with a snoway v plow. but don't tell anyone....between you and me. i love my wifes 06 f150 with a 7' 6 snoway straight blade A LOT!:drinkup: wesport :bluebounc

8. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member