1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06 Duramax what Battery do I use??

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Chevy/GMC, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Chevy/GMC

Chevy/GMC Member

Ok I just bought this 06 Chevy C/C Duramax and need some help here. Dose any one have any pictures of how they ran there wiring for a Boss? and where everything is mounted under the hood? Also which battery do I use to wire up the plow. Do I use the one on the passenger side by the fire wall or the driver side up front? I'm thinking the passenger side but not really sure where to mount everything??? Anyone have any pictures of there's???

2. Sabsan84

Sabsan84 Senior Member

I have a Ford F350 diesel, however, I see that they used both batteries to install the module, there is most of the larger gauge wires running to the passenger side, and the module and small gauge wires are run to the drivers side. Not sure if this helps, but it seems to make sense. Good luck

3. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

we wired my western to the drivers side battery. This way all the wiring stayed on that side of the truck and through a hole in the firewall.

4. Chevy/GMC

Chevy/GMC Member

Anyone have any pictures on how and where they mounted the module ??? My 06 just dosn't look like there is any room to mount it with the battery in.

5. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

by modual do you mean the light relays or the main power relay??

Everything on my 06 and my buddies 05 is mounted on the drivers side using that battery.

6. Chevy/GMC

Chevy/GMC Member

Yes, That's what I'm looking for. Does anyone have any pictures of that? It just doesn't look like there is room for all that. On my 97GMC everything is mounted on the front left side where a 2nd battery would be.

7. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Just did my 06' with the help from B+B.Use the driver's side battery.Change out that black positive fusible link charging cable from the alternator to the battery with a 4 gauge cable.
    I placed my solenoid on the firewall up high,close to the center,and took advantage of an existing stud so I only needed to drill 1 hole there.For the relays,also on the firewall,app.1' to the right of the solenoid,also on the driver's side.Sorry,can't do pics.

i