1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06 Dump

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ptllandscapeIL, Oct 9, 2007.

1. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

I have a 06 3500 dump (10ft) long wheel base 4x4 with a 8.5 ultra pro my question is i wanna get bigger tires 215 80 r 16 arent cutting it the plow bottoms out all the time and the bars are cranked all the way up will 245 80R16 be 2 big???

2. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

I know exactly what kinda truck you are talking about and i don't think you'd have a problem in the back of the truck... but you should be able to fit a 245 no problem. Paybe even go with a 265. That way you'd have about 2 more inches to play with in the front. I've heard those timberns are worth every penny.... those would help too. Good luck.

3. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

thanks yeah im doing timbrens as sson as the tires are done,215 are crap on that truck they eat them liek water and i was told by the tire shop if i put a 245 id easly have a good 2 inches all around