1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06 dodge Turn Signals?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Canplow, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Canplow

Canplow Senior Member

I have a 06 ram mega cab and the turn signals on the front stoped working they blink fast on the rear and the bulbs have been changed(new) the rears blink normal with the 4 ways on any help fuses are ok.

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

so you replaced the bulbs in the front turn signals?

3. Canplow

Canplow Senior Member

ya and took off the plow and now no headlights wtf the rears blink fast like a burnt buld speed and regular speed with the four ways on but nothing from the front but running lights no blinking or head lights

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

The 4 ways will always blink normal speed. What kinda plow? Ck all the fuses? Ck the gnds up front?

5. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm not to sure about the electrical on the arctic plows but if it were me I would put a post on the arctic and dodge truck forums

6. Canplow

Canplow Senior Member

The plow lights were working but no signals. when I took it off the truck had no lights I fliped the switch a few times. For the last week the right turn was not working and I thought that it was a burnt out bulb and then today the driver side did the same thing figured it was burnt out also the rears are working replaced the front bulbs today and still nothing fast blinking in cab and on rears but only running lights on the front

7. Canplow

Canplow Senior Member

all the fuses are good and the plow worked fine all day just no turn signals the ground is tight and looks fine

8. dieselss

What kinds plow? How are the plow lights tapped into the truck wiring ?

9. Canplow

Canplow Senior Member

I have a Arctic canadian made they have a harness made for the truck adaptors plug into the lights turn signals are tapped into the wires

10. dieselss

Ok so the turn lights are just tapped into the truck harness correct? How are they attached? Blue scotch clamp? Or butt connector?

11. Canplow

Canplow Senior Member

they are connected to the factory wire with the connector that goes over the wire and push the feed wire in then pinch the metal clip down and tappes into it thay are hidden up behind the lights and fluid filmed

12. dieselss

It's called a scotch clamp....should be blue in color...start there. Get that outta there and use a heat shrink butt connector, or solder and heat shrink. Test light both sides of that p.o.s. connector..see if you have pwr coming out of it with the turn sigs on

13. Canplow

Canplow Senior Member

I have power the running lights are on but I dont have flashing for signals and the head lights are factory connection

14. BOSSFord

BOSSFord Junior Member

My BOSS came with a upgrade relay switch for the fast blinking turn signal problem. Not sure if that helps? No clue on the bulbs burning out?

15. Canplow

Canplow Senior Member

the relay ****** is not the problem and the bulbs are fine new today thats the problem checked fuses and then tonight lost head lights

16. dieselss

Your not getting pwr to the turn side of the bulb...that's what were trying to finger out. Ck that scotch clamp connector.

17. dieselss

How does the plow switch from truck lights to plow lights ? Relays or like a module?

18. Canplow

Canplow Senior Member

Its a like 12 prong switch I have it coiled up under the hood but dry and hidden

19. dieselss

Ok so you flip a switch for the plow lights correct? I would still ck that scotch clamp for the turns sigs

20. Canplow

Canplow Senior Member

Yes a switch from truck lights to plow lights. and I will check the connections they are only 2 months old