1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab with 4.7L

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by odd1or2even, Apr 18, 2007.

1. odd1or2even

odd1or2even Senior Member

I've read some posts, and wanted to start one whether or not this is a good truck for plowing on the light side of things. I was plowing with my 01 6 cylinder Wrangler in my residential drives, but I'm trying to get more light end commercial and still do some driveways after the storms but am limited due to the length and turning capabilities of the truck.

I've heard the 1500's will fall apart and they were not built for holding a plow, but what are your thoughts and opinion's if I were to install an airbag lift in the shocks to help with the weight of a 7.6 Meyer or Boss plow (possibly 8 footer). Thanks

2. mopar250

mopar250 Junior Member

Hey Steve,
    I can't comment on a new 1500 and how it will hold up with a plow. But, one of my plow guys has a 98 1500 Chevy with an 8 ft. Hiniker on it. We plow the city streets where I live and he's been at it for 4 years with that truck and never had a problem. Now that's not a Dodge but it is a 1500. One the Dodge side of things my Dad has a 4.7 in an 04, and i would highly suggest getting a Hemi. The gas millage is not realy any better and the 4.7 is realy a dog. We farm as well and it just doesn't have it. Not sure if you are looking for a new truck or not but I still think Dodge is offering a free Hemi upgrade. I'm looking for a 2500 with a Diesle, and when we were at the dealer and they had a 1500 with a Hemi for 25400 brand new.