1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'06 Diesel Trans Chatter

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by lawninc, Nov 1, 2010.

1. lawninc

lawninc Junior Member

I've been plowing in this truck for 3 years and every winter I forget to ask but when I go into a pile and toss it in reverse it chatters a bit. It only happens a few times a night. Just wondering if anyone has had this happen to them.
    Thanks
    Jim

2. OHSIX6OH

OHSIX6OH Junior Member
    from Maine

Maybe this ?? doesnt say chatter but may be what you are experiencing.Heres a TSB

Clunk or Pop from TorqShift at 2-3 MPH, 2003-07:
    A clunk or pop may be heard or felt on drive away after starting the engine, backing up and shifting to drive, usually around 2-3 MPH. This condition may be intermittent. It is the result of normal backlash (movement) between the splines on the low/reverse one-way clutch. Broadcast Message 5904

TorqShift Harsh/Slipping Engagements, Upshifts, and/or Downshifts:
    If these symptoms are experienced after the batteries have been disconnected, then it is due to the transmission adaptive strategy being cleared from the computer. This may occur when the vehicle is delivered new from the factory as well. Warm the engine and transmission to operating temperature. Perform three series of upshifts at light, medium and heavy throttle. Perform three sets of gear engagements (N-R, N-D, D-R, R-D) with the brake pedal firmly depressed and waiting three seconds between each engagement. Perform these steps once in normal mode and once in tow/haul. Broadcast Message 1196

Last edited: Nov 5, 2010