1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06' Dakota Quad Cab

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by ommegang, Oct 19, 2007.

1. ommegang

ommegang Senior Member
    from wi

I don't have the optional codes for plowing. Does that mean that I should not put a plow on. I need to plow 5 driveways/lots per sowfall. If feasible, any recommendations for a plow. Or, would I be better off buying a $3,000 plow/vehicle?

Thanks,

Lance

2. tinymitymo

tinymitymo Member

If you can find a decent plow truck for $3,000.00 I would buy that........

A new plow setup will cost more than that..not counting wear and tear on the primary vehicle....
    However the reliability of the newer truck may be better......
    Repairs on the older truck may be cheaper....especially if you can do the labor yourself...

Pros and Cons to both....

I pesonally buy older trucks with plows on them.....

Having a spare truck is never a bad thing....

Although you have to insure,maintain,repair an extra vehicle....

I don't know where you are....

But in NY anything older than 1996 does not get inspected for emissions(plugged in so to speak)to the same standard.....
    So those repair bills are lower.....And shade tree repairs and modfications are much easier and cheaper because you will not fail a yearly inspection due to a computer code or check engine light.....

Also, you can leave the plow truck all set up for plowing......

No mount-dismount headaches etc.....

Lots of things to consider:dizzy:

3. SuperPlow Guy

SuperPlow Guy Inactive

Consider a SuperPlow? Perfect for your application. And won't cost an arm AND a leg...:jester:

4. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

throw on a snow bear .... its perfect and lightweight enough for dakota's front ends.. i will post a pic of my set up .... .... i do about 12 residential drives and 3 small commercial lots ... not a problem so far .. just my .0002 .... cost is about $ 1200 .... all electric

5. topdj

topdj Senior Member

I just sold my snowbear after 7 seasons, its is great for small trucks and doing just a few drives. I just bought a Hiniker Homeowners$3100 plow full hyd less then 500lb installed.
    but you dont need to spend that much, I sold the snowbear for 400 used and bought it when it was on sale for 899 so in my book I got my $ worth.

6. Dakota2004

Dakota2004 Senior Member

The perfect plow for the dakota is the new boss sport duty 7' or 71/2 i wanted one for my 04 till i got a new truck. I know fisher has a mount for your truck the homesteader or the LD series. Homesteader may be the way to go. The front end in the 05s plus are weaker than the pre 05.