1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06 CTD Programmers. Who's got em???

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by SpruceLandscape, Jul 27, 2007.

1. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape Senior Member

Anyone running a programmer on thier 2006 5.9L CTD? I just bought a Diablosport Predator for mine, but have heard some concerns over ECM problems and warranty issues. Anyone have good or bad luck with any of these?

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I wanted something that wouldn't be an immediate threat to my transmission, so I bought a SuperChips. I'm happy with the tune, but as expected, want more power. After I get my transmission built, I'll be going more radical.

3. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

I have a BullyDog Power Pup with the Crazy Larry tune, which has the three downloadable programs of 60hp, 90hp, and 230hp. I run mine on the 90hp with no problems at all.

4. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Ive got the edge juice with attitude combo. Pretty happy with it.

5. robmints

robmints Junior Member
    from MD

From what many, many people say DC is very picky when it concerns your warranty and power adders. So if you DL the program assume your 100,000 mi warranty is gone. All programmers and boxes leave footprints as far as I know. So even if you set it back to stock they dealer will be able to tell you modified the ecm program. There are several good forums for adding performance or just maintaining your truck.

6. SpruceLandscape

I'm still waiting delivery of my Diablosport Predator. I'm leaning towards probably just reselling it. Not sure that I want to take the chance. OR, I may just hold on until when my warranty is out to try it.. :confused:

7. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah I heard the smarty left a small footprint on the system too. I dont think any programmer is totally undetectable. Just make sure you're dealer will back you up before you install one.

8. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Apparently, you still can't mention another forum name in any of your posts.....:dizzy:

At any rate, the Smarty claims to be 100% undetectable, however there have been a handful of consumers stating that DC is picking up on the programmer and denying warranty claims.

9. SpruceLandscape

well, if anyone is interested, I will be listing my Brand new Predator for sale. I had to negotiate the extended warranty on my truck and I'm not willing to screw that up in case I need to get some little dealer service done at some point. PM me if interested. I paid $311 with shipping. make me an offer. Still brand new in the box

10. GMC99

GMC99 Senior Member
    from 60188

The only programmer I would ever go with, would be the banks set up.. Its the only programmer that has the safety shut downs. And the only programmer that WILL NOT EFFECT YOUR WARRANTY!!

11. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

LOL....Thats the funniest thing iv heard in a while.:dizzy:

12. TEX

TEX Senior Member

is this a joke?

13. GMC99

GMC99 Senior Member
    from 60188

nope... call corporate and find out for yourself Im talking about dodge, not sure about ford or chevy

14. TEX

TEX Senior Member

it will void your warrenty faster than anything else. technecily (sp whatever), it will not void by just putting it on. however it will increase the power output and they will say the trans wasnt made to handle that kind of power. thats just 1 ex. you have altered the engine comp and made it not run as they designed it to. sure you can say that they have to prove that what you put on caused the part to fail but for you to chalenge them it will take a lot of money and truct me they have a better legal team than you could afford.

15. 2003ctd

2003ctd Senior Member

I was told the same thing, that dodge won't hassle you to much with the banks set up. I remember someone telling me that dodge was suppose to be teaming up with banks at some point in time in the near future, and offering a truck from the factory with all the banks goodies. I've had my programmer on my 2003 since it had 5000 miles on it, and never had a problem with dodge, but then again my truck has never been in for warranty work (120000 miles)

16. Cutter1

Cutter1 Senior Member

My friend has a TST in his, but he is having problems with it.....been in contact with TST, they are using him as a test project.

17. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

And compensating him somehow if something doesn't work right.....