1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06 Chevy w/plow prep. Wheres the Becon Wire?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DieselDan172, Sep 22, 2009.

1. DieselDan172

DieselDan172 Member
    from Mass.

I have a 06 Ext. Cab 2500hd with the snow prep package. I was wondering if anyone has hooked there Amber Warning Light to the becon light button on the dash.
    I'm hoping the wire will be long enough to run it out the 3rd brake light & put a quick connect plug on it so I can take the light off with ease.
    is it a hard job to do?
    Where is the wire for for it?

Thanks Dan

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

light

i think you have to drop the headliner ,the one's i saw w3ere on the driver's side under the liner .

3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

it is usually right above the driver side. that is where mine was. You then have to snake it over to the center brakelight and then pull it out there.I put a quick connect also like you want to do. The relay is on driver side behind the seat on doorside support arm. It is verysimple to find and install.. Good Luck.