1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06 Chevy Transmission flush

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by DrakeSabitch, Jan 20, 2010.

1. DrakeSabitch

DrakeSabitch Senior Member

i have a 06 chevy 2500 hd, reg cab. i have about 17 residential driveways i plow. I bought the truck with the plow and the truck had 32k miles in september when i bought it. it just hit 40k with no problems. ive been told to flush my tranny no matter what since im plowing with it. well even though i have a warranty that covers transmission, is it a waste to spend the 200 for the transmission flush. the guy at the shop said dont bother. the fluid was nice and red, but i still would feel comfortable if i did it just to be safe. whats your opinion?

2. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

I had mine done for 125. I think 200 is a little high. I would say you are about due with that kind of miles on it. Every 30 to 40k I would get it done.

3. DrakeSabitch

DrakeSabitch Senior Member

alright thanks

4. nate456789

nate456789 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Fluid is still Bright Red - I wouldn't worry about it.
    I would do a normal changing of the fluid and filter and go on.
    Flushing with their chemicals to clean the transmission could introduce more problems.

I would stay away from a true flushing unless you have a reason to do it.

A Fluid exchange is a different thing. They just pump out all of the old fluid and fill it back up. If that is what you are doing then that wouldn't be a bad thing.

You might ask your guy exactly what are they doing. That might be the price difference.

5. treeman06

treeman06 Senior Member

I do a fluid flush / refill every spring, good cheap preventive maintenance