1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06 and newer angle cylinder

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by tar, Oct 18, 2009.

1. tar

tar Junior Member

hey, does anyone know the difference between 06 and newer angle cylinders vs 05 and older ones..
    will an 06 and newer work and fit my 02 vplow?

thanks in advance
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Two main differences. One is the center section side of the cylinder. The '06-current is much smaller in diameter at the mounting boss than the pre-'06. Second is the location of the hose port in that it's much further inboard (near the inside mount) on an '06-current and won't clear the cylinder mount ears on a pre-'06 plow without surgery.

They can be "adapted" as a last resort but isn't something I recommend just to save on cost by purchasing the '06-current cylinders for an older plow. Thats why you're inquiring correct? ;)
  3. tar

tar Junior Member

thanks for the answer, i probably wont do the swap. i have an 07 8.2v and an 02 8.2v, i hit a manhole with the 07, and its twisted pretty good and i havent ordered parts to fix it yet.
    i need a cylinder this year for the 02 and i thought id switch it out, i knew i could trim the ears to make it fit but i thought there must be something else to it. thanks again ill order the 1603.