1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06 4x4 cab chassie plow question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by sweetk30, Sep 22, 2006.

1. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

customer at our shop has a site delivery truck. its a 06 cab chassie flatbed. 4x4 dulley. he has a boss vplow on it. every were he goes with out plow on the plow frame digs in . he just had to pay to have a concreat drive fixed.

he want the truck lifted to help clear this. but i told him he cant do that. as the plow will not function correctly in scoop or v position. it would throw off the angle of the blade. if he had a stright blade sytem he would be better off.

so whats the best action to take on this truck to help fix his problem. thanks guys.
  2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

Best answer I can give you is to get a western ultramount plow. Will never have that problem. other then that...adjust the tbars and then adjust the plow.
  3. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

Match the plow to the truck.

I have a 2006 Chevy Stake Body in the shop with a 7.5 Ultramount that does the same thing. Check your front axle weight requirements. Add Timbrens if needed.
  4. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

V plow

Might alos ask him about his approach to the drive.
    Straight, angled, inverted, converted?
    Incline, decline?

I only ask these questions because just because you can plow doesn't mean you know how to plow. These are the questions I ask my customers.
  5. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Umm how the heck is it doing that. With the ultramount, the truck side mount is 1" under the chevy bumper. Unless you still got the quick disconnect horns on the truck. :confused:
  6. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

he has a boss vplow on it
  7. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

No reason to doubt my word. Come look at it.

Again, check your front axle rating.
    Your not THAT far away.
    Will be here till 3:00Pm tomorrow(guy is a DC Police Officer and pulls the mid shift).
    Then we will send it away fixed.
  8. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Turn up the t bars no reason that truck should scrape anywhere.
  9. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Yup, or get some SuspensionMaxx adjustable keys. They work great. A set of Timbrens may solve it too.