1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06' 2500HD Diesel shortnox

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by sameoldthang, Sep 8, 2014.

1. sameoldthang

sameoldthang Member

I have a neighbor with this truck and he is worried about the frame cracking. I am not sure if this model and year applies and does someone on here make the gussets you can weld in?

2. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Yes that is the truck. Weld in triangular shaped gussets around 5 inches long.

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

This........

4. snowymassbowtie

snowymassbowtie Member

It is

one of the trucks that can have frame breakage. I had an 01 and a 2009 crew cab short bed gas trucks and I didnt have any problems. The gussetts are a good idea but if your not hanging a 1000 lb. plow on it or bashing curbs then you probably wont have a problem. If you have other people driving it then the gussetts should be put in. there was a guy on here with the gussets for sale, I havent seen him post in a while but his name was
    B&B. I beleive he was a gm mechanic, he knew alot about gm trucks anyway.

5. sameoldthang

sameoldthang Member

Thanks I will pass this on.