1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06 2500 Hd- Which Blade?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by BIGRED1, Sep 23, 2005.

1. BIGRED1

BIGRED1 Member

2006 2500 HD, GAS MOTOR, CAN i GET THE 8'6" X-BLADE OR IS THE 8' AS LARGE AS i CAN GO? PRICE DIFFERENCE ANYONE?

2. BIGRED1

BIGRED1 Member

Sorry about the caps

Sorry about the caps...

3. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Hello Bigred1

Welcome to plow site

Hop on the Fisher web page to see what they recommend. It matters what cab and engine you have. If you have a GMC check out my old posts about how I cut my front bumper you'll be glad you did. remember the X-blade not only weights more but adds weight to the front end because it hangs about 10" farther forward.

Good luck, Yaz

PS post a pick of the new rig!

4. Welcome Big Red!

Big Red 1,

Welcome to PlowSite.com from me too. This is the best resource around for info from regular guys driving real trucks! Fisher is the way to go here in New England. As you probably know, it's the overwhelming favorite. You'll see some Blizzards, Diamonds, and others but predominately Fisher around here. As Yaz says, go to the Fisher website. Everything you need to know is there.
    I see you're from Wilmington so there's no shortage of Fisher Dealers around Metro west and the North Shore. You might even consider Southern N.H. to save the sales tax. Good Luck!

5. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Bigread...

as others have said check with fishers web site, and use the auto match or what ever it is called... I do not know if they have updated it for 2006 model years yet though. I would assume it would be similar to an 05... On trimming the lower valance... I believe you may not have to trim it with the newest mounts. I believe fisher and western (owned by the same parent company) made a design tweek on the mounts for GM trucks so the trimming was eliminated.

BTW what is your front axel weight rating??? Just curious if GM upped the bar any for 06.

and Welcome to the site!!!

6. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

get the blizzard 810 plow there awesome. :waving:

7. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

With a gas motor you should be able to put a 8'6" on there.