1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06 2500 HD Duramax without plow package

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by swtiih, Oct 14, 2009.

1. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

2 questions here.

1)I bought the factory switch that would be for a roof mounted light and need help locating the harness in the dash that this connects to. anybody know where this is located

2) The truck is a diesel and does not have the plow package what do I need to install to bring it up to snuff.

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You need to figure out what options you have. Do a little research based on the VIN#

3. calhoun

calhoun Senior Member

I know there is more than just the switch. there is a relay that goes on the pillar behind the drivers seat.

If it is anything but a reg cab I don't think there was a plow prep offered. The weight of the duramax with additional people in the bigger cabs can overload the front suspension.

4. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

Regular cab and Extended Cab/Short Bed could both be ordered with the plow prep package. Calhoun is right about the switch - you're going to have to run your own wires and everything to the switch. However, I would use a relay, because that switch is probably not rated for as many amps as a strobe package will pull.