1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06 2500 Dodge quad, short box, Cummings, 9'2" VXT?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Chrispe, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Chrispe

Chrispe Junior Member

How many guys out there have the 9' 2" Boss V-blade on a 2500 with the Diesel?

I am planning on putting on a 8'2" VXT next week, but have read here that even the 8'2" is over loading the fronend?? Really want the 9'2" it's only 70lbs more? Is the front frame that weak?

I had a 2002 extended cab shortbox 2500 with the cummings and a 8'2" Boss V. Worked great. Most of the stuff I do is small stuff. Like Burger Kings, hotels, so I cut my times in 1/2 with the V vs the 9' stright.

I have been plowing as a contractor for someone by the hour for 13 years, never had a breakdown except for the return springs on the Boss V, but stil got through the night, so I am not hard on it at all, but there is a lot or road time where its hanging off the front bobbin.

Any advice?
  2. jomofo

jomofo Senior Member

I have the 9'2" VXT on my Ram 2500 Quad Long bed with the HEMI and it's loaded as much as I'd feel comfortable with... Not sure exactly how much more the cummins weighs, but it's gotta be somewhere in the 400-600 lbs range. For me? NFW... And the 9'2" is not much more weight than the 8'2"... Probably wouldn't run either of them on the stock 2500 suspension and the cummins...

Lots of guys do though - do a search...