1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06 2500 brake controller ??

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by rayf268, Apr 14, 2008.

1. rayf268

rayf268 Senior Member

Just got a 06 2500 4x4 it has tow pakage does any one know what all wires I need to run for my controller. I don't know it there is a remote wire already run and where it is or if I need to find power. so if anyone who has one can give me a hand that would be great ussmileyflag thanks
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you didn't get the brake controller harness with the truck (being used), head to your local trailer/hitch supply place or a GM dealer and pick up the plug in harness for the controller. This will allow you to connect directly into the mid buss panel under the dash on the driver side the way it was intended, making it all "plug and play" (and easy) with no hacking or splicing of the truck. Harness is inexpensive..should be less than $20.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Can anyone post pics of this wire, and harness setup. I am getting a controller, but I would like pics of what I need so I know what I am gonna have to buy and where it has to go.
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Here's a link with a pic of the harness. etrailer

You can buy them from an aftermarket source, or purchase a genuine GM like what would originally have been included in trucks equipped with the Z82 towing option.

The GM p/n is 15085218 for the '03-up harness.
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  5. rayf268

rayf268 Senior Member

if you go to meijer they have both controller and harness that are totally just plug and play I wish I bought mine there $20 cheaper and the harness plugs in the the controller and truck
    Thanks BB