1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

06-09 with flat beds?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by fireboy5722, Jan 1, 2015.

1. fireboy5722

fireboy5722 Senior Member

my bedsides are bubbling with the typical dodge rot, and im looking at putting a flat bed on my 07 2500 ccsb truck. interested in pictures you guys might have please and thank youussmileyflag

2. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Interested here as well...

3. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

There's a construction company here that has one with an aluminum flatbed. He put a bunch of tool boxes and a transfer tank on it. Personally I think it looks a little silly because of the crew cab but I'm betting it's pretty nice to work out of.

4. P Kennedy

P Kennedy Junior Member

[​IMG][/IMG]It's not a case of how it looks but why fight sheet metal when you can work with practical.

5. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Flatbeds are great. Very useful all seasons. Our 06 has a typical steel flatbed thats 6'x9' and hoping to add a hoist under it this spring. Sorry can't help with pictures but I doubt you'll regret it. I would try to get an aluminum bed.

6. GLS

GLS Senior Member

We run two dumping flatbeds on SRW trucks.

I would hate to go back to a regular pickup bed.

Flatbed is soooo much better to work out of, even if it doesn't have a hoist.

Here is our '08 ram. Aluminum, fold down sides.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. GLS

GLS Senior Member

Our other flatbed is on an old '02 GMC. I know you wanted pictures on Rams, but this gives you an idea of what it looks like on a CCSB truck.

We may be looking to sell this flatbed later this year. This truck is on it's last leg, so it's time to upgrade. We will probably be getting a long bed truck to replace it, so the 7' won't work very well. Let me know if you're interested.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. fireboy5722

I like the side boxes like that! Where are you located I may be very interested! I've been looking at martins welding beds they install and wire while you wait and set it up to accept the rails for the gooseneck and 5th wheel.

9. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

How much did the one on the Dodge set you back? I like the fold down sides. How about the one on the GMC? What brand are they? How have they held up in salt?

Sorry for bombarding with questions, but the more I think about this the more I want to do it.

10. GLS

GLS Senior Member

I'm about 2.5hrs west of Chicago. I'll let you know if we decide to sell, if you haven't gotten a bed by then.

The beds were custom built and installed by Alum-line in Cresco, Iowa. They were in the neighborhood of $8k. Probably seems like a lot, but I would do it over again in a heartbeat. We originally were considering another dump insert, but went this route instead. Very glad we did. One doesn't realize the benefits of these beds until you work in one. Very versatile.

The aluminum is holding up great. We are in plenty of salt, and there really isn't any corrosion or pitting. White truck is on it's 7th winter.

Any other questions let me know.

11. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

This is my friends 2007
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  12. barrybro

barrybro Junior Member

That looks great!

13. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

14. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Nice Bed

I agree Flatbed is only way to have a work truck

15. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

If I were to build another bed it would be out of aluminum. You can see my flatbed dump build in my signature. I would not have it any other way.
    T.J.

16. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

a flat bed will make your grocery getter into a real work truck. Hoist makes it a lot better and a hook lift would be even better. I have 2 one ton fords with hook lift systems on them. For beds I have sanders, dump box, flat bed, Hydro seeder, cable real transporter. and adapted a system to use it also as a wrecker if needed.

17. fireboy5722

This is exactly what my truck would look like.

image.jpg

18. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

It's Sunday morning and I'm in love!

19. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Nice set-ups! I was thinking of converting my chevy over rather than having some body work done on it.I can get a basic alum flatbed for around 2k here in ct.These pics may help me get off my butt and commit!

20. barrybro

barrybro Junior Member

At some point I will also go with a flatbed, in the mean time i covered up the rust with fender flares.