1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

05 ultramount poly pro 7.5 worth $2600?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by obrut, Oct 22, 2007.

1. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

Plow is in great shape and comes with all of the brackets to fit my truck, plus wire harness and hand held control. Is this worth getting for $2600 or are there better deals out there?

Tim

2. fleet

fleet Junior Member

I just bought one for 1800 with a little rust

3. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

$1800 for a ultra mount with wiring and truck side bracket? That is a great deal.

4. santelikk

santelikk Member

I paid 2600 for an 8' ultra pro plow with everything needed. Seems like a fair price.

Figure the wiring will cost around $5-800
    Price of the mount $500
    and the plow ~1800

5. fleet

fleet Junior Member

25-2600 used installed goes for about that here too. Fair deal
    I put my own stuff on...and enjoy it

6. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

Well I have been looking for a plow for about the last two months. This is the best deal I have seen so far for everything, plow, truck mount, and wiring.

7. fleet

fleet Junior Member

try your local caigs list ...great for getting stuff and get rid of stuff local.. its free

http://rochester.craigslist.org/
    this link will get you to it in NY then just go to your state etc.....
    i just got a set of almost new stock GM 8 lug chrome wheels with next to new 16x245/75 BLAZZAK ice and snow for $350. Didn't need the rims so i took them off and sold for 225 thae same day on there.

where else can you buy four 5-600 worth of tires for 125

8. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

yep I have been looking on my local craigs list too. Some good deals but everything needed work or was missing mounts and wiring or was just rusty and beat up.

9. topdj

topdj Senior Member

if your getting all the parts you need its a deal, provided it in good shape

10. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

I just picked it up today, it is in great shape.

11. Jbowe

Jbowe Senior Member

8-6 Ultra Mount V

Just picked up a complete 2 eyar old ultra mount 8-6 v today for 3k. Complete with frame and all wireing. Figure that was a good deal since its complete and looks like it barely been used. Have the truck in the shop getting the mount and wireing installed. Will know on Monday or tuesday when I hook up to it how good a deal it really was.

I have always has boss plows and this will be my first western. Any advice on what to look out for with the western V would be appreciated.